Welcome To My Blog



Ever wonder what it's like to be in that moment between struggling artist and published author? Read on and find out.



Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kids On Writing

            Combine an author who has recently learned how to podcast with four young children and a page full of questions and what do you get? My blog offering for the day.
            I sat down with Merlin, Lucy, Nick and Rick and asked them what they thought about authors and the writer’s life. In conjunction with Monday’s Writing Prod, this also includes their responses as to what they think would make a good plotline in my next novel.
            Please leave a comment on whether you liked it or not; that will help me determine if I should attempt any future podcasts.







2 comments:

  1. Excellent podcast. Your kids are very articulate! I think you're going to be writing a lot of stories about dragons :) - not a bad thing in my book! Fantastic picture too :) If you do any podcasts in the future, I would recommend not making them any longer than this - about 1/2 as long would be an easier time commitment - you can always break them up into parts :) - and I think more people will be willing to give 5 minutes a try than 10 - just my 2 cents :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion. I want to do more podcasts with the kids. Most of the podcasts I'm familiar with run 10 to 20 minutes, so I thought I was doing okay on time, but I admit I too was thinking that it should be shorter.

      Thanks again, I have some wonderful children. I really love this picture with them. Since I forgot to label the picture let me point out the children. Left to right (oldest to youngest) is Merlin, Lucy, Nick, and Rick.

      Delete