Welcome To My Blog



Ever wonder what it's like to be in that moment between struggling artist and published author? Read on and find out.



Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Captcha Craptcha Day

     Is this it? Is this the exciting announcement you promised yesterday?

     Nope!

     I still have that planned for tomorrow. This is something completely different and unexpected. The awesome Shelly Brown asked me to co-host (doesn't that sound fabulous, and glamorous) the Captcha Craptcha Day event. And of course I said yes.

     If you are familiar with Captcha then you may already have some opinions on it. Suffice to say at this point that it can make your blogging experience a bit more challenging. And if you like a challenge then there isn't a problem. However, if you like your morning/evening blog hikes without any speed bumps along the way then check back on November 12th when I will be posting about it.

    Until then, here is the exciting animated GIF that promotes the event:

Photobucket

     And here is the nifty Linky Tool to sign up:






14 comments:

  1. Lol, what an excellent idea for a bloghop. Does it still say it's to prove you're not a robot? It would take a robot to read those things properly! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does, Mr. Roboto. I certainly have a hard time reading some of them.

      Delete
  2. I hate capchas! There are some blogs where I have to try 3 or 4 or more times, and I end up giving up and not posting my comment. Clearly I am a robot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Failing the robot aptitude test. Me too. I know there have been several of my followers that refuse to post comments if they have to go through Captcha.

      Delete
  3. Some of the photographs of numbers they use (not to mention some letter combinations) are simply impossible to read, even with a magnifying glass. I've reached the point where I'll make one try at a captcha and if I don't get through, I don't comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. What's the point in having it if the people who are supposed to be accessing a site can't read the code to enter it?

      Delete
  4. Is the idea that everyone should write a blog about captcha's on the 12th? I'd have to add it to Alaskan weather and writemotivation checkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of us are going to write on our blogs. It's mostly to voice our displeasure with it. I think it would be fine if you just wanted to add a few comments on the blogs that are already signed up.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I say throw some evil captcha spin on your blog that day, if you can. You can add whatever else you want to it as well.

      Blog/Tweet/Slander Captcha till it's too embarrassed to show it's face. (Wow, I sound super mean. I'm really trying to be silly though.)

      There are no hard and fast rules. Just come and play!

      Delete
  5. Wooooo to Captcha craptcha day! I hate the bloody things! I swear they have got harder and harder to read. The new google recaptcha ones with the blurry house numbers are a joke! I have started using captcha bypass extension software called rumola to enter the bloody things for me. Seems to work a treat and I would recommend to any other fellow captcha haters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you got the Linky to work! I was worried about that.

    Down with Captcha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I almost had to drop you a line to ask for help with it, but eventually I got it. :)

      Delete
  7. I don't think my blog has a captcha, just a spam filter and I have to OK comments the first time a person comments. Could someone check it out? It's Homecomingbook.wordpress.com, and I'm not checking in with it because blogspot has a glitch in recognizing wordpress blogs.

    ReplyDelete