I have a great series of author interviews lined up for the next several weeks and I posted a serious article on getting critical feedback on Tuesday, so I think it’s time for a little silliness here.
How many of us are easily distracted from our writing? I am. Then again, I’m pretty easily distracted from almost everything. The problem, for me at least, is that it can be difficult to sit down and concentrate. And here is my top ten list on what distracts us:
10. Checking Twitter to see what all your peeps are doing.
9. Organizing your writing area because it will help you concentrate better.
8. Blogging so that people will know who you are so they can buy your book – if it ever gets written.
7. Checking Twitter to see if your peeps responded to your tweets about what they’re doing?
6. Checking your e-mail to see if any editors or agents have contacted you about the sheer brilliance of your writing.
5. Food. Chocolate will help your creativity and motivation. Or is it salty foods that do that. Just keep eating until one of them triggers writer euphoria.
4. Checking Twitter again because you have an addiction to social media.
3. People. People bothering you to do something like feed the children or go to work.
2. Cruising the internet under the pretense that you’re doing research for you book.
1. Randy’s top ten list of author distractions.