Welcome To My Blog



Ever wonder what it's like to be in that moment between struggling artist and published author? Read on and find out.



Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Writer Wednesday Bloghop

            This week I decided to participate in the bloghop that Nicole Pyles offers on Wednesdays. She takes an old public domain picture, generates five random words and asks everyone to write something about it.

            The five words are; Ham, Girder, Spike, Parity, Sales. And here’s the picture:




           

            What I present to you is the dialogue from Sam and Janet Evening.

            “Oh, darling.” Janet batted her eyes. “Isn’t that a delightful buffet table?”

            “I suppose it might be,” Sam responded coolly. “If a person was into such things.”

            “Don’t be that way. This is a party. And you know what that means?”

            “It means that Harold Smithers will be boasting of record-setting sales for his abysmal home furnishing stores. What a colossal bore.”

            “No, silly. A party means – Free Food!!!”

            “There is that as well. With any luck someone will have spiked the punch. That should bring a little parity to the participants. The inebriated and the incompetent will be able to hold conversations on even terms at last.”

            “Pshaw.” Janet waved away the comment. “Be a dear and fetch me a platter full of those ham and cheese h’ordeuvres. They look simply ravishing.”

            “Do you think that is wise?” Sam gave her a sideways glance.

            “No, but I simply must have them.”

            Sam sighed and made his way to the buffet table, muttering under his breath. “I do hope that the girders are up to the task of supporting both my wife and her appetite.”        




       

9 comments:

  1. Awww haha haha!! Very clever use of the words!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I love a good dialogue. Nicole put your link in our new challenge post so I had to stop by and peek. :) Have you seen mine?

    http://chasingrevery.blogspot.com/2012/04/picassas-bridge.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I feel that dialogue is one of my stronger writing skills. I didn't know Nicole and included a link. I'm going right over there and check out your contribution.

      Delete
  3. I love this! You took the prompt, set it perfectly to the picture and expertly added the words while using dialogue completely fitting for that classic couple in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're making me blush. Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. : )

      Delete
  4. Ha ha very funny. Loved the way you used the words and so in keeping with the photo. Great finish too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much. I enjoyed playing around with the challenge.

      Delete
  5. This is great, Randy! I really enjoyed it! And you made me laugh at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal in life is to make people laugh. I count this as - Mission Accomplished.

      Thanks.

      Delete